Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dreaming of a White Christmas ;)



Good news! For Christmas we can Skype our phone call! I will forward you the mission news letter that has all of the details.

This week...we wore ourselves out, seriously. On a normal week we have been teaching 50 lessons up here...this week we taught 110.  Wow! There were several days when we all just got home, planned, and collapsed in exhaustion. I think I am working harder now than I have ever on my mission and definitely ever in my life, but I know that it is all worth it because the Savior definitely worked hard and gave his all for each of us.

This week we had 5 baptisms! Our YSA investigator A was baptized by her adopted father and confirmed at her baptismal service. This young lady has been through so much in her life...and it has been incredible to see her read her scriptures, come to church, and decide to be baptized. She was all smiles at her baptismal service :)

It was pretty much a week filled with miracles :) I wrote you about T last week, and he finally came to church! Elder Betham pitched in some pants and a shirt, we all gave him ties...and his whole family made it out to church this Sunday. I think that is one of my favorite moments as a missionary...waiting outside of a chapel for your investigators to show up, and then just feeling so ELATED when you see them walk through that door.

All of our investigators are doing really well...we have set some high goals for them to achieve. I really love what I am doing right now, and thankfully...Elder Fragoso and I will have one more transfer together in Richfield! Elder Betham will be going down to St. George again and be companions with Elder Toropainen from Finland. We are going to have lots of new missionaries in the Zone....a new set of sister missionaries in Beaver (the town with the "Best Water in the USA ;]  ), and lots of work to do!

I love you all so much!! Thanks for your love and support and the Christmas packages that are arriving. Elder Fragoso and I love the Primary kid that wrote "I hope a bunch of people go to Church in Calofornya" Well...I hope those missionaries have success too, but send some prayers to Richfield too! :) Thanks for your examples of consecrated living...I am really impressed by the way you continue to serve the ward and the community and support us in the mission too. I love you! The Church is so true!! 

Con amor,
Elder Michael Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment