Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Say goodbye to dwarfed goals


Dear Mother and Father, 

Well this week I am exhausted! We were even busier this week with mission business and proselyting. 
We went on two exchanges this week. We exchanged with the Zone Leaders in Cedar City and with the Spanish Zone Leaders in St. George. It’s funny, I remember the first exchange I went on as a District Leader. I was nervous and I didn't really know how to help the missionaries or the area. I can't tell you how many exchanges I have been on now, probably more than 50.  I guess having a lot of them under your belt helps you to be a little more knowledgeable and confident with training. I still feel like a greenie all the time though. There is too much to learn and improve. 

We saw R baptized yesterday and I confirmed him today. He bore his testimony about the happiness that he has felt as he talks with members of the church and as he reads and prays. He was a miracle from start to finish. We had to really work hard last week to make sure that he made it here at this date, but he did it! I am always amazed by the obedience to heavenly father that these people demonstrate as they choose to be baptized. Baptism is one of the ultimate symbols of being obedient to God's commandments. 

We kept teaching S, S2, M, and J this week. J and S2 are getting baptized tomorrow for FHE. It’s kind of funny, J is so popular around campus that people keep texting us and congratulating us on her baptism. They are both pumped and ready for their baptisms tomorrow. 

I think the biggest news of this week is that Elder Holland came to St. George for Pioneer Day this week. He attended a Luau in Washington City on Tuesday night, and we were invited to attend along with President and Sister Center. We ate dinner with him and his wife at the same table. It was a choice experience.  It was good to be there with St. George's apostle.

This week we actually got referred to a less active girl. Her name is S3 and the Bishop of one of our wards asked us to teach her the lessons and help her return to activity. It will be more like coming into activity for the first time because she was baptized when she was 8 but never went to church. I have never consistently taught a less active member my whole mission, but teaching her feels just as important as teaching a non member. 

This work is true and it is vitally important. Helping people temporally is good, but I know that helping people accept the gospel is the most important work that I can do in time and in eternity. I know that this church is true. Elder Campbell and I have testified of that until we're blue in the face, and I know that the work that I am doing is true.

I love you all so much! Be an everyday missionary this week!

Love,
 Elder Michael Stewart


No comments:

Post a Comment