Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Busy Bees (and Happy Fathers day)


Price Utah! We drove a lot this week :-) We drove 8 hours round trip to Price on Tuesday and Wednesday, and then we drove 3 hours round trip to Beaver on Saturday. There was lots of driving, but lots of miracles too.

On our way home from Price (home of Sister Julie Stong, by the way) we stopped in at Gunnision to give a blessing to a missionary and to eat at a drive in. At the drive in we started talking with a man who served in the DC south mission about 10 years ago---who served in the Rolling Valley ward. That makes a total of 3 people I have met who have served in our home area.  He said that he thinks he knocked just about every door in our ward, and we knew a lot of the same people. He was actually the missionary that baptized a brother in Rolling Valley ward!  His name is Brother Wilkins. It was a pretty good tender mercy.

Today this will pretty much be an "I'm still alive!" email. I do love you all!

K will be baptized next week. She is looking super solid. She wants a temple marriage. She always has questions, but she is relying on her testimony of the Book of Mormon to help her through. Her brother in law will do both ordinances for her.

We also kept teaching J this week. He is the best :-) We watched a part of the message of the restoration this week and he said "I don't understand how people don't believe this. All I know is that I want to get baptized as soon as possible." He is a good man.

Thanks for your prayers to help us find! People are still falling out of the sky for us to teach. This really is the Lord's work, and nothing is more important to me right now than that.

I want to bear my testimony of the power of the true doctrine this week. The first principles and ordinances of the gospel are simple and powerful, but they are true and necessary. I know that God lives and loves us and he has shown us the only way back to him is through His son Jesus Christ.

I love you all!!

Elder Michael George Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment