Monday, August 20, 2012

Walking in Newness of Life



Mi querida familia,

First of all I just want to give a huge congratulations to Sister Stewart for her baptism this weekend! That is the best!!

This week was really great. (This will be a short letter, sorry!!) I honestly think I went through the hardest day of my mission so far on Friday, but it was also one of the best. Friday was hard because...mostly because I couldn't get to sleep on Thursday. I was just really uncomfortable on the small bed. But in any case, I "woke up" at 6:30 and told the Lord "if you want me to serve you today, give me the energy, because I am spent" And he definitely gave me the energy. It was honestly a fight to just physically move around that day, but I know the Lord was testing me because we got so many miracles after that. On Friday we got three amazing referrals from another area! We hardly ever get referrals in Spanish work! We contacted one of them right away and she wanted to learn more! I think the biggest miracle for me though, was that I physically made it through the day, I had a good attitude, and I woke up on Saturday feeling physically and spiritually better. One of the things I have had to learn is that I can rely on the Lord for strength. It’s true :)

So, that amazing referral that we contacted is named C and she has lived with her husband in an area I have tracted many times, but I have never met them! C and her husband haven't been going to any church in a long time, and want to feel more peace in their lives. They are so open and kind we committed them to coming to church right there on Saturday. They didn't come, but we still have a return appointment with them for this week. It is so exciting to find new people!

We have also kept teaching O during this week as well. She took a big step this week by praying in front of us asking if this message is true and if she should be baptized. She said she didn't feel an answer right there, and honestly, that’s okay! I remember the first times I prayed to get an answer; I didn't feel anything, but mostly because I didn't know how to feel an answer. As she keeps praying and reading and coming to church (she came again!) I know she'll get that answer.

The other thing that really impacted me from this week is how much Elder Killian is learning Spanish. It’s incredible! I've taken it upon myself just to speak Spanish around him (which is better for both of us anyway) and sometimes he does give me blank looks, but I can see his progress from just two weeks ago!

Another fun thing we got to do this week was speak in Sacrament meeting in an English ward. That’s the first time on my mission I've been asked to do that! I feel like I didn't chastise the congregation too much ;) It was actually an excellent opportunity for both of us though

Otra vez, me tengo que disculpar por cuan corta esta carta es. Pero tambie quisiera compartir mi testimonio de que yo se sin ninguna duda que el evangelio de Jesucristo es verdadero y que tiene poder que nos puede transformar. Yo se que nuestro Padre Celestial vive y que el se comunica con nosotros si tan solo lo eschuchamos. De veras este mes me ha sido dificil! Pero he sentido tambien la paz del espiritu diciendome que he hecho lo que Dios queria que hiciera; esta paz es la recompensa mas dulce. Me hace querer ser misionero para siempre :)

Los amo tanto! Cuidense mucho!
(Again, I have to apologize for the shortness of this letter. But I do want to bear my testimony that I know without a doubt that the gospel of Jesus Christ is real and has the power to change us. I know that Heavenly Father lives and will talk to us if we will listen. This month was really difficult, but felt the peace of mind that this was what God wanted me to do. This peace is the sweetest reward. It makes me want to be a missionary forever.
I love you both. Take care.)

Que vayan con Dios,

Elder Michael Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment