Monday, August 6, 2012

The Best Mission Ever!



Whewie! ¡Hola mis amados padres! Estoy super duper agradecido a comunicarme con ustedes al comenzar una nueva semana. Esta semana...he estado mas emocionado que jamas antes en mi mision. ¡Muchas cosas buenas estan pasando ahora en nuestro are!!
(Hello my dear parents! I'm super duper grateful to write to you at the start of this new week. This week ... I've been more excited than ever before in my mission. Many good things are happening now in our area!)

First thing is first! There goes Elder Barrales in the transfer wagon all the way to Moab...but we say a big hello to Elder Killian! He is the best! Fresh out of the MTC he comes from Kennewick Washington and is a great Elder. The first thing that he said to me in the car was "It is really important for me to be obedient" :) Well Elder, you've come to the right place :) 

Going to the trainers' meeting and meeting Elder Killian was actually a really good experience for me. I have been in those trainers' meetings three times now (once as a greenie, and now twice to train) and they have always been extremely spiritual experiences for me. It’s as if the Spirit was just feeding me and knows all of my needs to get me ready for 3 more months focused outside of myself again. I know that President Leonard is inspired of God. Doing what he asks is not hard at all because the Spirit always bears testimony that it is what the Lord desires for me too. Soooo....we are training again :) I know I have a few more ideas and a little more experience now, and I am so excited to work with an Elder that is so ready to work and learn! Seriously, I have never felt this much unity in a companionship from right off the bat. 

So we left that meeting on Wednesday, and the first thing we did was definitely a miracle! We knocked the door of a family that has never answered before...and they opened up! Elder Killian was amazing, and just got a little tongue tied inviting them to be baptized. But...they accepted! I love it. We have appointments with this family to follow up on their commitments. The most amazing thing though is that the 15 year old son has been praying and reading the Book of Mormon every night for 2 weeks! I have been in this area for 6 months and knocked that door countless times...but apparently Heavenly Father was just waiting until the right man came along for them to open up to us :) 

We had so many amazing lessons this week, I just can’t tell you about all of them! One of the best was with a man named Brother C . His wife got baptized 1.5 yrs ago and he has come to church with her for a while. I love this man so much...he is an example of hard work and selflessness to provide for his family, and he has soooo much faith. He has read half of the Book of Mormon!! But in that lesson we told the Joseph Smith story again then I gave the time over to Elder Killian.  He looked sooooo scared, but in all the Spanish he could muster he just bore the humblest testimony,  "I testify that I know that these things are true. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet."   That alone did more to flood the room with the Spirit that anything else. But it’s not over yet!! Bro. C said "I just really want to keep the commandments" and my Book of Mormon pretty much flipped by itself to 2 Nephi 31:10-12, and then Elder Killian bore his humble testimony again. And Brother C sat there, then said "¡Echemosle ganas!" which being interpreted means "lets go for it!" We are a team as a companionship already! It's the best! 

More than anything else though, I know that its the power of the Lords' spirit that does this work see D&C 35:13-14. 
 13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;
 14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them. 

How else can we be effective servants of the Lord right out of the MTC, or even at all? I just know that God lives, that Jesus is the Christ and that they have poured out the Spirit over this area to prepare people to receive two 19 year old Elders just trying their best to share the Gospel. I am so weak as a leader and a trainer, but I know that the Spirit is the most important element in this work. We are just going to baptize everyone these two transfers! 

En todo seriedad, tengo un testimonio de la restauracion del evangelio. Puedo imaginar como se sentia el profeta Jose Smith, al ser llamado para efectuar una obra much mas grande que el. Asi me siento yo casi todos los dias. Comparto mi testimonio tambien de que yo se que la Iglesia es verdadera, que es guiada hoy dia por el Salvador viviente. El Libro de Mormon contiene la palabra de Dios, y me ha cambiado la vida.  Los amo tantisimo! Obrare duro todos los dias, no se preocupen por mi!
(In all seriousness, I have a testimony of the Restored Gospel. I can imagine how the prophet Joseph Smith felt to be called to make a much larger work than me. I feel that way every day. I bear witness that I also know that the Church is true, that today it is guided by the living Savior. The Book of Mormon contains the word of God and has changed my life. I love you so much! I will work hard every day, do not worry about me!) 

Los amo!!
Que vayan con Dios, 

Elder Michael George Stewart 

No comments:

Post a Comment